Contract Management links
- Standard Procurement System (SPS)
In the early '90s the DoD sought commercial software and best practices to streamline procurement, one of their major business functions. They had more than 75 legacy systems and many more unique processes. This effort eventually led to the DoD Standard Procurement System (SPS), deployed using our Procurement Desktop-Defense (PD2) application.
SPS has a Battle Ready Contingency Contracting System (BRCCS) that provided for procuring goods and services on the front lines from remote locations. BRCCS is ideal for military operations, disaster relief and humanitarian missions.
- First DoD-wide enterprise business solution to use commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software
- Over 800,000 contract actions worth $190B in FY 2011
- 27,000 operational users at 800 sites
- Will replace 70+ legacy systems, offering huge cost savings, efficiency and consistency across DoD
- Interfaces with existing systems to maximize ROI
While the overall effort required systems integration, business process analysis, change management, data conversion services and user training, the project's success hinged on the enterprise-wide implementation of two CACI developed components
- Legacy systems integration - the CACI team has combined technical solutions with business process renewal to facilitate the development and implementation of with SPS. The technical solution utilizes adaptive technology based on XML to translate and transfer data to and from PD2. SPS has integration capabilities with SAP and Oracle. The SPS integration efforts bring procurement, financial and logistics systems together seamlessly.
- Procurement Desktop-Defense (PD2), CACI's commercial software for enterprise contract management, designed specifically for the federal government to streamline and automate the end-to-end procurement and acquisition process - including requirements definition, solicitation, bid evaluation, contract award and contract administration.
SPS Legacy Integration is an application that works with the PD2 Adapter to export data from PD2 for external legacy systems, as well as import data from external legacy systems into PD2.
The SPS website, sps.caci.com, was developed to serve as a reference tool for all SPS users. The site offers everything from "How To" guides to technical tips. Users can keep abreast of all the happenings in the world of SPS by reviewing FAQs, user guides, release notes, presentations, web-based training, newsletters and much more around the SPS products and services.
For more information Email Spsinfo@caci.com