You & CACI: The Perfect Fit
If you are a highly talented, ethical person with integrity, then CACI is the perfect place for you!
Whether you are new or experienced in the field of background investigation, looking for full or part-time employment, CACI Investigations could be your ticket to a great career.
Background Investigator Level I
The following are potential candidates for this entry-level investigator role:
- Those who are new to investigations
- Recent college graduates interested in embarking on a career in investigations
- Prior law enforcement professionals or military veterans
- Experienced investigators who are new to conducting OPM background investigations
Level I positions require either a four-year degree or four years of progressive experience. Depending on Federal Background Investigator experience you may be required to start at a Level 1.
Candidates who do not have a current Top Secret clearance must undergo a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), which generally takes between 45 to 60 days to grant or deny a favorable suitability determination. If favorable, the candidate will be scheduled for the next available four-week training course. If denied, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
Full-time Investigators work 40 hours per week, with an hourly rate plus Health and Welfare (H&W) benefits under the SCA contract. Also, employees receive mileage reimbursement at the current GSA rate.
Experienced Background Investigators
Candidates for this role are current investigators trained to the National Training Standard (NTS), (e.g. OPM, FBI, ICE, CBP) conducting Federal Background Investigations. Candidates must be in good standing and pass a NTS assessment.
Those with more than an 18-consecutive month break in service will be required to attend the four-week training course.
Pay and work hours are determined by employment status:
- Full-Time Employees will work a standard week of 40 hours and are eligible for CACI benefits as an SCA employee. Compensation packages are based on experience and production metrics, and performance bonuses are awarded based on exceptional performance. Mileage is reimbursed at the current GSA rate.
- Part-Time Employees will work an average of 20 hours per week and are eligible for H&W benefits, including paid holidays and vacation (prorated by the number of hours worked in the given pay period). Mileage is reimbursed at the current GSA rate.